The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

Buckeye Huddle/PHOTO BY TONY GERDEMAN
Ohio State Spring Game
April 24, 2024

ALUMNI STARDOM: Nick Bosa

From STA to the NFL
ALUMNI STARDOM: Nick Bosa

Nick Bosa has taken the NFL by storm, showcasing his skills and passion for the game. However, Bosa’s journey to NFL stardom began long before he stepped onto professional football fields. It started on the hallowed grounds of St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he honed his craft and laid the foundation for a successful career. At St. Thomas Aquinas, Bosa quickly made a name for himself as a dominant force on the football field. His combination of size, speed, and skill made him a nightmare for opposing offenses. Bosa’s standout performances earned him recognition as one of the top high school football players in the country. Because of this, he was heavily recruited by some of the nation’s top college football programs. Junior Mason Jean said, “While playing football for STA, Bosa has always been an inspiration to work harder.” Ultimately, Bosa chose to attend Ohio State University, following in the footsteps of his father, John, and brother, Joey, both of whom had successful football careers at the school.

During his time at Ohio State, Bosa continued to impress, showcasing his talent and earning numerous accolades, including being named a consensus All-American. In 2019, Bosa declared for the NFL Draft, where he was selected second overall by the San Francisco 49ers. From the moment he stepped onto an NFL field, Bosa made an immediate impact, using his explosive speed and relentless pursuit to disrupt opposing offenses. In his rookie season, Bosa was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, solidifying his status as one of the league’s brightest young stars. Since then, Bosa has continued to excel, earning Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors and helping lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl in 2020. His journey from St. Thomas Aquinas to the NFL serves as a testament to his hard work, dedication, and passion for the game. Nick Bosa has proven himself to be a force to be reckoned with, and his future in the NFL looks brighter than ever.