The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

Buckeye Huddle/PHOTO BY TONY GERDEMAN
Ohio State Spring Game
April 24, 2024

St. Thomas vs. Dillard (Senior Night)

1st Half

The Aquinas Raiders started the game hot with a 35-yard pass to James Madison II and a rushing touchdown made by Jordan Lyle just a few plays later making the score 7-0. Following this play, the Dillard Panthers kicked down to the 5-yard line giving them good field position. However, this feat was short-lived with an interception and touchdown made by Sr. Ryan Mack, making the score 14-0. The Panthers received the ball back but were held to a 3 and out by the Aquinas Raiders. Dillard then attempted to punt the ball back but was swiftly blocked by Earl Kulp for a recovered touchdown. The kick was then returned for 25 yards to Ahmari Stevens. Shortly after, Ahmari Stevens made another big play by taking a bubble screen behind the line of scrimmage for 21 yards to put the Aquinas Raiders on the 10-yard line. During the next play, Sr. James Madison took a jet sweep into the endzone for a touchdown making the score 23-0.  On the next drive, the Panthers threw another interception for 6 which was picked off by Bowen Drewes, making the score 30-0. Not long after, the Aquinas Raiders got the ball back and scored with a 8 yard pass to  Chance Robinson, making the score 37-0. The Panthers got the ball back shortly after, but the Aquinas Raiders defense overwhelmed them leading to another interception thrown to Sr. Allen Bryant. Shortly after, QB Andrew Indorf threw another touchdown to James Madison leading to a 44-0 lead. Following these impressive plays made by the Aquinas Raider, The Panthers had a good drive going but were quickly stopped with a failed 4th and 9. Shortly after, Andrew Indorf threw his 4th pass of the night to James Madison which made the score 51-0. The Aquinas Raiders exited the first half with a running clock and a score of 51-0. 

2nd Half

The Panthers received the ball coming out of the half starting up a decent drive but it was short lived with the Aquinas Raiders forcing a punt, which was returned for 29 yards by So. Jeremiah Douglas. However, a penalty was called for a block in the back causing the play to be called back. On the next drive, the Aquinas Raiders came out with QB Derrick Baker. This drive ended with a rushing touchdown made by Justin Montgomery leading to a score of 58-0. With a running clock, it was tough for either team to get more points on the board. The Panthers led a good drive but it just wasn’t enough with the Aquinas Raiders getting a stop within the 10- yard line to secure a shutout win! The Aquinas Raiders ended with a win leading to a 9-1 ranking and good position for playoff games! 

y