The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

STA Choir

STA Choir: Photo Courtesy of Wanda Drozdovitch.

Choir, a class where students participate in the St. Thomas Aquinas’s chorale, is taught by Ms. Drozdovitch. Students in Choir participate in numerous performances and learn many musical pieces. The students in Choir are divided into four sections: soprano, alto, tenor, and bass. Some of the performances include the Veterans Day Concert,  Lessons in Carols Concert, and a Spring Concert. Some of the events are exclusive to Chamber Choir.

What is a Chamber Choir?

Chamber Choir is an advanced choral experience for students who excel at the art of singing. Students who enjoy Choir and demonstrate exceptional skills  are accepted into it. Chamber Choir rehearsals take place at 7:00-7:45 AM from Tuesday through Friday. In order to excel in the advanced music of Chamber Choir, students must dedicate their time to learn and practice for prestigious events and  concerts such as Christmas on Las Olas and Epcot Candlelight in Walt Disney World’s EPCOT Center.

What Are The Benefits of Choir?

Ms. Drozdovitch explained that students who participate in Choir learn “…vocal techniques, how to properly read and produce the sound, how to blend, and knowing how to read sheet music.”  In Chamber Choir, there are countless more benefits and opportunities. As stated by Ms. Drozdovitch, “One benefit of Chamber Choir is that you develop vocal technique. Students for the midterms and final exam have to sing a solo piece by themselves. Singing solo helps them to develop their voice better and to feel more confident in performance.”  Such opportunities can help students become even greater singers and performers through their experiences.

How To Enroll In Choir

In order for students to enroll and participate in Choir, they would have to first audition to join  Choir and be accepted by Ms. Drozdovitch. Afterwards, they would have to enroll in a choir/theology class. Then later on, if they wanted to join the Chamber Choir, they would have to audition once again to see if the student is skilled enough to join. If you are interested in joining Choir, you can contact Ms. Drozdovitch at [email protected].