The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

Buckeye Huddle/PHOTO BY TONY GERDEMAN
Ohio State Spring Game
April 24, 2024

Students’ Take On Homecoming Week                                

STA’s Homecoming Week prepared students for the Homecoming dance which took place on Saturday September 30th. Throughout Homecoming Week, students dressed down to the various themes that were celebrated each day. The themes included, Blue & Gold Day, TV Tuesday, Dynamic Duo’s, Decades Day, and Class Theme Day!  On the final Friday of Homecoming Week, students hosted various activities such as tug-of-war and a relay race to commemorate the incredible week. Each grade level also performed a skit which referenced each class theme. STA hosted its traditional Homecoming football game that night against Miramar. The game ended with an STA win!

Significance of Homecoming

The Raider Review interviewed Mr. Balmaceda, who teaches Sociology, Leadership, and Philosophy here at STA.  Balmaceda explained, “The significance of Homecoming is that it’s the first major school event of the school year, that brings the school together as a family.” Homecoming’s effect on students was visible as well.  Throughout Homecoming Week, many students were noticeably lively and united as one student body. Junior Mariano Veiga stated, “It’s great to have a week to focus on our community within the school, and it’s also great to have a week to take our minds off all the stress we deal with.” Homecoming Week continues to be an amazing celebratory tradition that brings out the best in the STA family!