The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

PROM 2024

2024+STA+Prom+%0ACourtesy%3A+Breanna+Wells+%7C+In+photo%3A+Lolita+Ferreira-Aguero%2C+Aliyah+Rodriguez%2C+Breanna+Wells%2C+Mia+Vereau%2C+Jessica+Vilnord%2C+Michelle+Contreras+Urbina%2C+and+Norrah+Morinvil+
2024 STA Prom Courtesy: Breanna Wells | In photo: Lolita Ferreira-Aguero, Aliyah Rodriguez, Breanna Wells, Mia Vereau, Jessica Vilnord, Michelle Contreras Urbina, and Norrah Morinvil

On Friday, April 19, 2024 the St. Thomas Aquinas Seniors assembled at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort for the annual right of passage, Prom.  Seniors gathered together with their friends and dates where they snacked on hors d’oeuvres and danced the night away from 7 pm to 10 pm. 

Lolita Ferreira, a Senior at STA, said “Prom was definitely what I expected, everyone was dressed really nicely and got to show their own interpretation of prom within their outfits and everyone got to have fun on the dance floor.” She added, “Although I really liked Prom it was not my favorite memory from high school because nothing tops Friday night games with the cheer team.” “I really enjoyed going dress shopping, I thought my ideal Prom dress was going to be completely different from the one I ended up getting, but I was able to find my dress fairly quickly.”

Courtesy of: Patricio Flores | In photo: Luccia Lamb and Patricio Flores

Patricio Flores, another Senior at STA, said “I really enjoyed Prom, I got to be with my girlfriend, Luccia, and my friends. I don’t really have a favorite memory from Prom, but I really enjoyed taking pictures with my friends and being able to have one last big event before all of the Seniors have to go their separate ways.”