The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

What is the Miss Arc Broward Pageant? 

Growing up and jumping into teenage years can be difficult for many girls. Being surrounded by constant societal “expectations” often creates a burden for younger girls. However, The Miss Arc Broward Pageant is a great opportunity for young girls to express the things they love with an encouraging environment around them! 

What is the Miss Arc Broward Pageant? 

The Miss Arc Broward Pageant is a touching experience, where young girls with disabilities are able to truly shine with a supportive pageant environment. Although the pageant gives them a wonderful opportunity to express themselves on stage, it also builds so much more. Many of the participating girls are able to develop a new sense of confidence, create new friendships, acquire leadership skills, and overall create a meaningful experience. 

Another major component of this pageant is the teen ambassador program. Each contestant is assigned a teen ambassador that offers guidance, friendship, and support all throughout pageant season. The Raider Review, spoke with Senior Julia Lamont on her experience as a teen ambassador for the pageant in 2021. “This organization truly had such a positive impact on these girls, and gave them an incredible opportunity to truly express themselves in a wonderful way”. Today, the Miss Arc Broward Pageant continues to encapsulate young girls with a supportive community, and promote values of friendship and respect.