The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

Germany Matchup: Miami Dolphins vs. Kansas City Chief

On Sunday, November 4th, the Kansas City Chiefs took on the Miami Dolphins at the Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany. This game was highly amped up as the two best record teams in the AFC faced off in front of fans worldwide.

1st Half

The Chiefs started off hot with Patrick Mahomes throwing a 20-yard pass to Marquez Valdez on the first play of the game. This would be followed by another pass to Sky Moore for another 10 yards. Shortly after, a pass was caught by Noah Gray for 24 yards putting the Chiefs inside the Dolphins 15 at the 11. This would lead to Rishi Rice catching the ball and rushing into the endzone for an 11-yard  touchdown to make the Chiefs go up 7-0. After an impressive drive from the Chiefs, the Dolphins gave Jaylen Waddle the ball where he picked up a nice run for a 10-yard gain. A couple plays later, Tua Tagoviolia found Tyreek Hill in the middle of the field for a pick up of nearly 20 yards. After some bad penalties and plays by the Dolphins offense, they turned over the ball on 3rd and 15. This gave the Chiefs a tough field position to start with. On 3rd and 5, Rishi Rice made a diving catch to ensure a Chiefs first down. Later in the drive, Kadarius Toney caught a 7-yard pass but stretched it to a 17-yard gain evading tackles and proving hard to be brought down. Two plays later, Patrick Mahomes threw the ball over the defenders outstretched hands to Sky Moore for a gain of 24, putting the Chiefs at the Dolphins 23. A couple of plays later, Patrick Mahomes threw a pass to Jared McKinnon for a 17-yard touchdown to put the Chiefs up 14-0. Shortly after the ball was handed back to the Dolphins, Tyreek Hill fumbled the ball leading to a recovery by the Chiefs for a touchdown, with less than 40 seconds left in the first half. The score at the end of the first half was 21-0.   

2nd Half

The Dolphins received the ball first in the 2nd half.  After a couple of good plays made by their offense and good decision making by Tua Tagovailoa, on 2nd and 5, Tua decided to take a shot to WR Cedrick Wilson Jr. for a 31-yard touchdown.  This touchdown put the Dolphins on the board with a score of  21-7. The following drive, Mecole Hardman caught the ball behind his blockers and rushed forward for a 14-yard gain. After a couple of plays and flags, the Chiefs offense was backed up to a 3rd and 20. Patrick Mahomes was sacked by two Dolphins defenders and fumbled the ball which led to a recovery by the Dolphins. After a Chiefs flag, the Dolphins were put at the Chiefs 14-yard line. Swiftly, Raheem Mostart rushed to the endzone for a 14-yard touchdown making the score 21-14. After a couple of empty drives the Dolphins would receive the ball with a chance to score but failed to on 3rd and 20. With under 3 minutes to go, the Chiefs punted the ball to the Dolphins for a chance to tie it up. Raheem Mostard would rush for 25-yards to put the Dolphins at the 50-yard line. This would be followed by another 18-yard gain for Mostard with less than two minutes to go. With 1 minute left, the Dolphins faced a 4th and 10 with a conversion. However, a botched snap by the Dolphins center led to a quick fumble and turnover ultimately giving the Chiefs a win of 21-14.