The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

Are Dolphins Super Bowl Worthy?

The Miami Dolphins beat the Carolina Panthers 42-21 in their Week 6 matchup. The Dolphins will face off against the 5-1 Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, October 22. Prior to this, on September 24th, the Miami Dolphins, against the Denver Broncos, made history to become the 2nd team in NFL history to score 70 points in one game. Last year, Miami added Super Bowl champion wide receiver, Tyreek Hill, to their squad to create a super team alongside Tua Tagovailoa, Jaylen Waddle, and Raheem Mostert. Throughout the season so far, the Dolphins have faced tough opponents and challenging matchups. However, they have shown great composure and showed their ability to adapt to different game situations. 

Tua Tagovailoa, under the coaching of head coach Mike McDaniel, has been a key factor in the team’s success, demonstrating his growth and development as a leader. His accuracy and decision making have improved, allowing him to make crucial plays and lead the offense effectively. The addition of Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle to the team has injected a new level of excitement into the Dolphins’ offense. We cannot forget about the defense being ranked the 8th best in the league! Will the Dolphins be Super Bowl contenders? Only time will tell.