The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

Buckeye Huddle/PHOTO BY TONY GERDEMAN
Ohio State Spring Game
April 24, 2024

A New Look for the Raider Review

At STA, the Raider Review writes and publishes articles about ongoing school events and news around the world. By doing this, the Raider Review allows students to read about previous events or news that they might have missed during the passing weeks. Up until now, the Raider Review has kept the same website format for the last 8 years. As of recently, the Raider Review staff decided to have a makeover! 

How Has It Improved?

The Raider Review has only been limited to a singular website for several years, and because the old Raider Review site was made many years ago, it was very dated. Now, because of all the technological advancements in computers and formatting, the website has improved in multiple ways. Many of the ways that the Raider Review website has improved were visually, but another way that the website has improved is through its software. As said by Mrs. Garrard, the moderator for the Raider Review, “ The overall design has been updated for a more streamlined and user-friendly experience, but we are still working with the software to upgrade and augment the website.” With these new changes, some students are wondering what was the reason for the switch. 

Reason For Change

Although this change has brought new light to the Raider Review, what was the cause for this change? When previously asked about this question, Mrs. Garrard stated, “Our previous server and site was generating a lot of user errors and coding issues, so we decided to tear down the site and start from scratch.  We are working with the same foundation, just a new structure!” From these new changes to the structure of the Raider Review, new light has been shone onto the website. Overall the Raider Review website has improved drastically and hopefully will be a great way to spread some of the best news STA can provide!