The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

Buckeye Huddle/PHOTO BY TONY GERDEMAN
Ohio State Spring Game
April 24, 2024

Here Come The…. Women in Black?

Here Come The…. Women in Black?

In the midst of their competition season, STA’s Raiderettes competed in the 2024 FBA MPA Auxiliary Ensemble & Solo competition in February, earning a Superior rating in their ensemble, advancing them to states. In their 2024 ensemble routine, the Raiderettes presented a twist to the movie franchise, Men In Black. Showcasing their talents with music from the franchise, “Black Suits Comin” (Nod Ya Head) by Will Smith, “Men In Black” by Will Smith, and “Back in Time” by Pitbull. The ensemble’s routine was choreographed by the Raiderettes Senior Captain, Gabriella Merthyl.

Advancing to the State Competition in West Palm Beach, our Raiderettes will compete on March 21 against other superior rated high school teams. In the year of 2023, the Raiderettes won their state title and are hoping to earn their second consecutive state title on Thursday. “Winning states this year is the goal! Especially because it will be my last with my team.” said Baton Captain, Gabriella Merthyl. As a part of their rating, the Raiderettes are graded on repertoire, excellence, and general effect by one judge, and earned an overall score of Superior. Earning a Superior at their upcoming competition will give them a second state title.