The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

Buckeye Huddle/PHOTO BY TONY GERDEMAN
Ohio State Spring Game
April 24, 2024

Track Season Hits The Ground Running

It is time once again for track season at Saint Thomas Aquinas High School.  Runners are fired up for the new season! The athletes are gearing up to represent STA in many amazing ways; always motivated and doing their best at every practice and track meet. The athletes and coaches work together to make their team extremely powerful. They are training for their next meet at South Plantation, on March 12th. The boys’ track team won states in 2022, and they hope to win again this season. Both girls’ and boys’ track teams show impressive sportsmanship, hard work, and motivation. Senior Christopher Adams III says, “We obviously have a very young team but there’s still only one goal and that is to win the state championship, that is always the goal when competing with an A on your chest.” He went on to say, “ It takes some time to get going. But at the end of the day, we were in it to win the state championship.” 

Emelia Chatfield was part of the St. Thomas Aquinas team that won the 4X400 relay at the Class 4A Florida Girls Track and Field Championships. (COURTESY)

These dedicated athletes show exactly what it means to be an STA Raider. This team has a strong bond, and they push each other to always do their best. Runners Arianna Griggs and Kelsye Jackson will lead the short distance races. Grace Finneran, Remy Coia, Piper Battaglia, and Alexis Morgan will be the front runners in the long distance races. Their coach Alex Armenteros trains and pushes these athletes to always do their best. For information on joining the track team, students can email [email protected]. Good luck to the STA runners as they continue their strong season throughout the spring.