The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

The Raider Review

The Raider Review

The Raider Review

The Raider Review

Catholic Schools Week
Catholic Schools Week
February 20, 2024
Valentines Day
Valentine's Day
February 13, 2024

Girls’ Water Polo Season Begins

Water Polo Season Begins

On January 8, 2024, the St. Thomas Aquinas High School girls’ water polo team began their season. Training began as soon as winter break ended. The girls’ first game will be on February 8 at 6:30 P.M. at St. Andrews. The locations for the games will change, so keep an eye out on the girls’ water polo Instagram (sta_wapo). Make sure to go support the STA girls’ water polo team!

Coaches and Captains

The girls’ coaches are Coach Anna Rosen and Coach Josh Needleman. Each of the coaches have played water polo in high school, college, and/or professionally. They are passionate and enthusiastic about this year’s season. The team’s captains are Avery Bush and Angie Pasarin, both seniors at STA. Avery began playing water polo last year and has continually progressed in her performance. She has been playing in clubs, and practicing more throughout the STA off-season. Her leadership has been seen throughout the team’s performances and role as captain. 

New Players

This year, the water polo team welcomed two new players: Sophia Oberhelman and Ana Flores, both sophomores at STA. They began training with the girls on January 8. Sophia Oberhelman says, “It has been physically challenging for sure, but the other players and the environment are all so welcoming and encouraging.” Ana Flores adds, “So far training has been very hard. I think the only thing really keeping me going is the reassurance from my teammates and coaches. Everyone welcomed both Sophia and I with an immense amount of love and patience.”