First Semester Sports Recap

First Semester Sports Recap

Varsity Football

STA’s powerhouse football team kicked off their season in August. In total, they faced off in 15 matchups with only one loss against St. John Bosco. The

varsity football team’s top players include Jordan Lyle, Nick Rodriguez, Chance Robinson, and James Madison. There are many more amazing players on the team, but these players dominated the field to bring the team to the state championship. Philip Goodrich, a sophomore on the team, stated, “I feel like I had a good performance this season, and I look forward to next year on improving little technical things that will help my performance in games. We were very focused while heading to states as we knew and were playing for our seniors to head to college without any regrets.”

Girls’ JV Soccer

The girls’ JV soccer season recently began, led by Coach Paul. So far, the girls have played a total of three games and have won two out of the three. The top players of the JV girls soccer team are Addison Zintsmaster and Mia Chang. Layla Habeyeb, a player on the team. stated, “My coaches have impacted me by teaching our team new strategies and skills.”

Girls’ JV Volleyball 

On August 21, 2023, the JV Volleyball team began their season. Out of ten games, the girls took home the gold for all, going undefeated. The coaches for the JV team are Coach Simmons and Dean Zelinski.  Alexa Raymond, a player on the team, explained, “My coaches have worked to impact my skills, making me a better athlete. I was so proud to be able to bring home a state championship trophy.” 

Cross Country

Cross country began their season at the beginning of the school year. The team’s coaches include Coach Butler and Coach Bobbette. The team’s star players are Grace Finnearan, Ella Collins, and Christopher Adams III. Christopher Adams III says, “When running, pain is temporary but the guilt after giving up will last forever. ” Remy Coia, a freshman at St. Thomas Aquinas, says, “I feel good about my performance this season because I improved a lot […] My coaches impacted me a lot because they never gave up on me and always kept pushing me to be the best.”

We wish the best of luck to our athletes as many prepare to begin spring sports!