Freshmen are enthusiastic to start high school!
Nickarlens Dupervil
Categories:

Freshman Friday

On September 6, 2024, nearly 500 new faces attended Saint Thomas Aquinas’s yearly Freshman Friday! Freshman Friday is a special day for freshmen where they can learn and experience all the special aspects of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School before the year truly begins. Freshmen can learn about the different clubs, school mass, and the importance of STA pillars: Faith, Family, Tradition, and Excellence. Additionally, on Freshman Friday, freshmen get prepared for their future by taking a P.S.A.T. college enrollment introduction course, a way for them to get started in their college life and to ensure their time as seniors will be swift and easy. Freshman Friday is not only a day to have fun, but also an appreciable event for freshmen to get excited about their upcoming years at STA.

Freshman Mass:

Coach Russell talking to freshmen students. (Nickarlens Dupervil)

Freshmen attended mass on Freshman Friday, led by Father Celsus in the Saint Thomas gymnasium. There he taught the wearings and wardrobe a priest must prepare himself with every mass and religious season. Some examples of this are a priest’s alb (a long white robe worn by priests and deacons) , his stole (a vestment worn around his neck that symbolizes a priest’s authority) and lastly a Cassock(which is the priest’s black robe). Father imparted the importance of religion and God in one’s life. He spoke of this as an internal relationship that all Christians should aspire to build with God.

Clubs and Activities:

Two members of the STA C.A.R.E.(Cancer Awareness Raider Edition) Club enlightening freshmen of their club’s attributes.(Nickarlens Dupervil)

Two members of STA C.A,R.E (Cancer Awareness Raider Edition) Club enlightening freshmen about their club’s activitiesNear the conclusion of the event, freshmen were introduced to the different clubs STA offers. Some noteworthy clubs were the C.A.R.E. (Cancer Awareness Raider Edition) Club, Robotics, Theater, Mock Trial, Spike Ball and the Helping Hearts, along with others. Freshman Friday gave new students the opportunity to find their place in the halls of St. Thomas Aquinas. The many choices allow students to get involved with an organization/club that aligns with their interests or skills. Eric Bergstrom, a 9th grader, said, “It was a fun learning experience, and I enjoyed the clubs that I got to visit.”
Freshmen, Kiara Aaron and Kaylee Francois, agreed that they both enjoyed the experience and especially liked having a break from their typical class schedule. Freshman Friday provided a unique chance to learn about the life of an STA Raider and preview the thrilling future that lies ahead.

Donate to
$75
$1200
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.