The Student News Site of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School

The Raider Review

The Raider Review

The Raider Review

The Raider Review

Catholic Schools Week
Catholic Schools Week
February 20, 2024
Valentines Day
Valentine's Day
February 13, 2024

Aquinas Golf: How the Players Prepare

Aquinas Golf: How the Players Prepare

Saint Thomas Aquinas’ golf program has an outstanding history of wins and excellence. They incorporate the school’s religious values, such as faith, family, and tradition, teaching the players good sportsmanship and to respect others. The golf team’s main focus is to win tournaments, but they also encourage good morals and a strong work ethic. Saint Thomas Aquinas has a solid, winning reputation for golf within the community. Through the program, many students have received scholarships to various colleges. How do they prepare and stay focused on winning while incorporating values on sportsmanship, respect, and faith?

Sophomore, Abby Jones, and junior, Hannah Rosciolli, shared how they prepare as a team and what they love about golf.  Abby Jone stated,“What I love most about golf at STA is that I get to spend time with my teammates. The golf team did pretty well this season. My teammates and I all improved significantly since last season.” On the topic of preparation for tournaments, Hannah expressed that music helps her prepare, saying Red Rum by Real Boston Richey, “is a song I’ve listened to before tournaments, motivating me to perform well.” Additionally, Abby explained, “Practice prepares us by focusing on the areas we struggled in our last tournament, to make improvements for the next tournament.” This is why there is visible improvement each season by the golf team. “We prepare by going over our mistakes, to perfect them and make sure they never happen again.” With these constant improvements we can expect the Aquinas golf team to do well in their next tournament. The Aquinas Golf Team strives with success, good sportsmanship, and positive morals; these things make them the outstanding team they are today.